Tuesday, July 5, 2011

They Can't All be Great

This was supposed to be a post about how I made this awesome shirt for Athena using left over fabric and a lining made from a t-shirt in the Goodwill pile.  But it's not, because the shirt turned out too big.  I am getting tired of store bought patterns, even though I follow the reccomended size for the measurments they just don't fit right.  I think I am going to read up on how to make my own patterns in the near future.  Here is a shot of the shirt anyway, maybe it will fit her in a couple of years.


I did however manage to pull off a few projects that did turn out the way I envisioned them.
A couple of reversible headbands for the girls.
 After the hail storm last year that destroyed our pool chairs Shawn decided he was going to try his hand at re-strapping them.  Them he found these lounge chairs out for bulk garbage because the hail had destroyed them as well.  He did re-strap them all (but says he will never do it again).  I think they all turned out great and we have some more comfortable free chairs!

Some towel covers for our free chairs.
 I had some more ideas in my head for baby gifts but didn't make them in time for the shower last month so they will just be for when he gets here.  I sort of used a McCall's 6368 pattern for the burp cloths but changed it up a bit because I wanted more of the contrast fabric to show on the front.  The bibs were taken from this pattern.  And I used this pattern to cut out my ball but added the ribbon tags.
More fun baby gifts.
 I had so much fabric left over and couldn't decide what to make with it so I decided I would make a fabric gift bag that can be used as a quick trip mini diaper bag.  Or even just a bag to hold toys.  I hope mom and baby enjoy all of these things, because I enjoyed making them all.
Fabric gift bag!
This has also given me an idea for upcoming birthdays!  I don't want to say too much yet but can someone tell me if boys like bags too?  Not a purse type bag but more of a drawstring loot bag.  I don't have boys but I'm guessing all kids like to have something to carry stuff around in right?

I also made a very cool pair of shorts for Athena out of an old t-shirt of mine.  I haven't had her pose for a picture yet though so that will be in the next post!

One more question.  I'm not sure if anyone reads this blog other than my mom and husband, but if there are other readers out there, are you getting tired of all the craft posts?  Should I make a separate blog for those and keep this one just about what is going on in our lives?  Be honest :)

No comments:

Post a Comment