Monday, July 25, 2011

A Gift Bag

Not a lot of sewing this week again.  I did make a cute little gift bag for my nephew though.  Instead of the tote or purse styles I have done in the past I made this one a drawstring loot bag.  Hopefully he will find many things to carry around in it after he has enjoyed opening his gift.  I really like the idea of fabric gift bags.  It thrills both the crafter and environmentalist in me.  Plus with the right deal a yard of fabric is cheaper than a paper bag.

Athena and I also made some pillowcases for one of her teachers at dance that is going away to college in August.  It was fun to do a project with her.

I also did some prep work on a big project I'm working on.  It was mostly gluing and spraying enamel though.  And although those are fun things too, it's just going to be a while before I finish and am ready to share.  Especially since I have no idea what I'm doing!

I've also been playing an awful lot of Epic Mickey.  This game is so much fun I just can't stop playing it!

It's just about time to start thinking about back to school for us.  We took care of Athena's supply list this weekend and will probably do some clothes and shoe shopping sometime soon as well.  I want to attempt to make a lunch bag for her myself this year, so watch for that.  She is a little nervous about 5th grade, for some reason she thinks she is expected to be all grown up in 5th grade.  I know she will be fine and do a great job as she always does.

No comments:

Post a Comment