Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Missing Dad


Although it has been 15 years (as of yesterday) since I lost my father there is rarely a day that goes by that I don't think of him. Sometimes Athena will say something funny and I think "wow dad would have got a kick out of that" Or just the other day I was telling Hailey how all her music sounds the same and I had a flashback to High School and my Dad telling me the same thing. He has always been and will always be my moral compass. If I have a hard time distinguishing between what is right and what is wrong I try to imagine what he would have thought. Now this isn't to say that I always choose wisely but at least his memory keeps me a little more on the good side of things than not :) So everyone whose dad is still around give him a hug today or call and tell him how much he means to you. And if like me your Dad is no longer with you, try to do something that would make him proud of you today!

No comments:

Post a Comment