Friday, October 17, 2008

Field trip


I went on a field trip this week with Athena's class to Pioneer Village (nope not the one in Lagoon) It was a pretty cool place. All the buildings and things in them were either from the actual time period or exact replicas. Some of them were not much but a few walls of stone but there was a really cool old Victorian house that was moved from downtown Phoenix. The kids had a scavenger hunt where they had to answer questions about each building. Then there was a shoot out at the end of the day that the kids all got a big kick out of.

Funny thing that happened was our group kind of wandered around with another group that of a mom I know. Well we were supposed to hear a whistle for lunch time. We never did and as we were heading up to the gun fight Athena's teacher called me and said we were missing lunch. Oops! Then after the gun fight there were about 15 minutes to use the restroom and visit the gift shop. Everyone was just sort of hanging around in this one area until it was time to go and one of the kids said "what is that building?" Pointing across the way, so we went in to check it out. We were only in there about 5 minutes but as I was walking out I saw Athena's teacher looking around. She was looking for us again! What a great impression I made, hopefully I will still be invited back for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment