Saturday, June 29, 2013

Yosemite Part 4

Lets take a picture here (really means I need to catch my breath)
This is about the 1/2 way point, see the fall way back in there?
Day 5: Up and on the trail again this morning. This time along the Mist Trail to Vernal Fall. The book we bought about Yosemite last year says "if you only do one hike in Yosemite make it this one" so even though my feet were aching I had to do it. It was a nice paved trail most of the way but very, very steep. I had to go really slow and stop a lot to catch my breath. If you want to find out how out of shape you are do this hike. The view at the end was well worth the effort though, by far my favorite of the falls we saw on this trip. I made it to a great spot to see Vernal Fall but Shawn and Athena went up even more steps to get closer to it, while I headed back down to a less crowded spot to rest and have a snack. While eating my apple I was surrounded by squirrels, I felt just like Snow White. Going down the trail was a piece of cake and seemed like it only took a few minutes.
The stairs start. Me and Athena are the purple and blue spots in the middle of the picture.

This is as far as I made it

They got even closer, I love the mist in this shot

 The rest of the day was spent looking through the gift shop and museum. My feet are sure ready to head home but I think my soul will be staying for a while. Shawn and I both said we could have spent a few more days just sitting in a meadow doing nothing but staring at nature all around us. It really was a great vacation, probably in my top 5 of all time. The drive home was pretty crappy, stuck in California traffic for several hours, but our last stop hotel had free WiFi so we all got to stare at our screens for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment