Saturday, December 13, 2008

Santa Years

We finally made it through the line to see Santa after a failed attempt last weekend that would have had us in line for several hours. Athena has been throwing the "big" questions around a lot this year. You know the ones, "is Santa real?", "do you believe in Santa?" So far we have answered with the "what do you think?" and "of coarse I do" But that look is in her eye that we may not have many more Santa years ahead of us. I am always torn between preserving the innocence of youth and my belief of not lying to my children. When does it cross the line? When the time comes and she does grow out of Santa Claus I will be sad but I also look forward to starting some new traditions and making memories that he doesn't exactly get all the credit for ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment