Saturday, November 29, 2008

Devouring Sarah


As some of you may know we have a strange tradition of naming our thanksgiving turkey. Sometimes it's silly like Tom or Shaniqwa. Usually it is political. We've had a George (actually 2 I think), Dick, Condie and Colin. I think this years was a little too obvious but perfect. Sarah! And the funniest thing, pointed out by Hailey, is that the Turkey was the perfect golden color that you would see in a cookbook and everyone seemed to have the hots for Sarah Palin. It was just the 4 of us this year and it was nice. Don't get me wrong I always love to have guests for Thanksgiving but it was nice this year to just enjoy the kids and each other. I cook, they clean up and we just enjoyed each other all day. We finished off with a viewing of Lord of the Rings and I got to get back at Athena by saying all my favorite lines out loud (she is usually the one doing this) I got to hear some very nice things my family is thankful for, they all said me! And I got to let them all know how thankful I am to have them in my lives. Shawn and I headed out Friday morning for some crazy Black Friday shopping. We stood in one 40 minute line and then decided to go to breakfast instead. The shopping can wait we still have time. Then Athena had her Christmas performance at Glendale Glitters Friday night. She did a great job, had lots of fun and the crowd was huge! It was a fun few days, now I need to get back into my routine and get ready for Christmas...

No comments:

Post a Comment