Monday, August 15, 2011

A Very Big Post

So much to talk about today, where do I start?  How about with the first day of school!  My baby girl started 5th grade today.  I am anxiously awaiting 3:00 so I can hear all about it!  She was a little bit nervous about new behavior policy, like she has ever been in trouble before.  But by the time we got there she was just her usual self.  How do you like her lunchbox?  That is my most recent sewing project.  I don't know why but I just got it in my head that I wanted to make a lunchbox this year.  I love how it turned out, other than the zipper, I would do it differently next time because there was just too much bulk. Hopefully she enjoys having a one of kind lunchbox this year.
  We decided to get away to the cooler temperatures of Flagstaff one more time before school started, so we spent last Thursday and Friday in a Yurt at the Flagstaff Nordic Center.  We had the whole place to ourselves, it was a lot of fun.  We had to hike a mile into the Yurt so we decided to take our bikes.  Shawn found a kid trailer on Craigslist and modified it to carry all our stuff.  The ride in was a little more work than we thought it was going to be but the ride back down sure was fun.  Here are some pictures!
Dinner!
Cool little hidey hole
Ready to head out.
We forgot the pot to boil water in :)


Our Yurt




























































I also have a few more sewing project to share.  I made a few more gift bags for some dance girls.  One for a birthday and two are leaving for college.

And that little baby project I mentioned a while ago but didn't want to post until I gave it to the baby, well we met him last week and now I can share the pictures.  The little guys mommy was Athena's 3rd grade teacher and this was made from a school t-shirt.  I got the idea here, but had to make lots of changes to fit the entire logo on the front :)

No comments:

Post a Comment