Friday, February 12, 2010

Shower Redo

I have been noticing lately that all the wonderful gifts that we received as wedding and shower presents have started to really show their age. Apparently the life span of things like towels, measuring spoons, hot pads and even dishes and silverware is about 19 years. Yes the dishes are still in pretty good shape but really are very outdated as far as their style. I am also growing tired of that one spot on all my hot pads that I still get burned through! I even actually broke a measuring spoon in half last week! And where do all the spoons go? My theory is pudding cups, I think when someone eats a pudding cup they accidentally throw the spoon away as well.

So here is what I am proposing: my 19th wedding anniversary is coming up in March. So how about one of you throw me a redo wedding shower and I will return the favor when you reach 19 years? If someone can make up a holiday around a rodent why not shower redos? It will soon be so hip, you'll see!

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally in. Can you come to Utah for this shower? I went to a baby shower that they called a sprinkle because there were only a few of us. Maybe we should call this one a monsoon. Maybe that way you'd get more gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! Monsoon, I love that, we are totally calling it monsoon!

    ReplyDelete