Friday, August 22, 2008

Just coasting

Well now that school is back in session I am having a rare instance of feeling like I am just coasting through life. We are all back on schedule and every day seems to blend in to the one before. I know I should just sit back and enjoy it but I can't help feeling a bit bored by that. Sure next week Athena will back at dance after her break this week and Hailey has auditions. So change is just around the corner. But I start to get this antsy feeling when there is no change in my day to day. I start thinking drastic thoughts about *gasp* getting a job! Then the voice of reason takes over and reminds me that if I had a job what would I do with Athena in the summer, what would I do if she is sick. And how many field trips and class parties would I miss out on if I had to go to work. Sure the extra cash would be nice, I could finally have a new kitchen or remodel the pool. But we didn't work as hard as we did for me to be able to be a stay at home mom to give up all the rewards of being one now. So I guess I will just coast my way to the next wave and see what comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment