Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Yes I'm still around.  It has been a while since I blogged, although I think about it almost daily.  We have had a busy couple of weeks.  Athena had her first performance for Elite Choir a couple of weekends ago.  They did a great job.  She looked really nervous though which is odd since there were only a few parents in the crowd and she has danced in front of a lot more people than that before.  When I asked her after she said she wasn't nervous the sun was in her eyes.

We have also found a new dance studio, so we have been there a few times checking things out and trying new classes.  It's a little more of a drive but we already know the owner and Miss Jan is teaching the tap class so I think it will be worth the drive.  She has also mentioned an interest in taking piano lessons.  We are going to look into that after the holidays, if she is still interested ;)

We had a very nice Thanksgiving.  Just the four of us and Hailey's boyfriend Drew.  The food all turned out great, even the gravy.  Woohoo 2 years in a row now!  We ate then introduced Drew to Settlers of Catan, which he won.  Beginners luck I say!  The only downside of the day was Athena was feeling a bit under the weather.  Luckily she was back to her old self by Friday night.  We tried to get some shopping done over the weekend in actual stores, without much luck.  Thank goodness for Amazon.  Then went to see The Muppets yesterday.  I LOVED it!  I love the Muppets though so that might have helped.  I still remember seeing the first Muppet Movie in the theater with my uncle Dave.

Now I am in slight freak out mode because I counted the days until we leave for Utah.  18!!  I still have a lot of sewing and shopping to do before then.  So I'm off to sew now.  I may get some video up of Athena singing soon but for now enjoy this picture of her cute little face.

No comments:

Post a Comment