Saturday, May 9, 2009

Tears of ?

We have been to the last opening night, I cried at the last closing night. Listened with joy to the last choir concert. She has researched colleges, made her decision, applied and been accepted. We enjoyed the day of orientation at ASU, supported her decision to change her major. Yes I have joked about being old, I have been a little more sentimental lately because of what is happening, but it wasn't until she walked in the door with that damn cap and gown that it really, finally hit me like a brick wall that my baby is grown up! What happened to the tiny thing in dresses and Doc Marten's, with pig tails down her back? What happened to my muscled, only girl in the class, tough as nails black belt? Where is that shy little Freshman singing her heart out in the chorus of Children of Eden? I'm not sure if they are tears of joy, sadness, regret, or fear. But I do know I am proud, happy, scared and a little sad to see her go out into the big scary world.

No comments:

Post a Comment