Sunday, February 1, 2009

When I Grow Up

At 37 years old I have finally decided what I want to be when I grow up. Oddly enough it is what I remember wanting to be through most of my childhood. I am in the process of registering for some online classes and have plans to possibly transfer to the community college in the fall and then on to ASU after I get my associates degree. I've decided I want to teach 2nd grade! I have been volunteering in Athena's class a lot this year and I just love being there, some days I find it hard to leave. I even find myself watching the teacher and thinking of better ways to get her point across. I am going to take school slow though so I can still be around for all the field trips and class parties for Athena but by the time she enters High School I hope to be entering the work force again!

1 comment:

  1. What a great goal.I believe in forever learning. 2nd grade sounds like the perfect age to teach.
    Good luck my dear Daughter.
    Love MOM

    ReplyDelete